(45) Stephen Oakley

(57) Chris Dickinson

(59) Stephen Oakley

(82) Danny Lambert

(86) Craig Hutchinson

(88) Danny Lambert)

1. Orton

2. Phillipson

3. Davison

4. Wilson

5. Calvert

6. Thompson

7. Wren

8. Pearson

9. Fingleton

10. Clarkson (C)

11. Wilson


12. Drake

14. Mcintyre

15. Ashcroft-Brown

16. Heckles

17. Hayley

Stockdale .1

Rowbotham .2

Dixon .3

Connor .4

(C) Oakley .5

Taylor .6

Jones .7

Lavan .8

Hutchinson .9

Dickinson .10

Hogan .11


Lambert .12

Redman .14

Mcdonald .15

Bath .16

Davis .17

Match Report


On the way to the game, we had a three way discussion and all agreed on the same thing.....some team is going to get a battering..... And poor Brandon were the fall guys, blitzed by a six goal salvo, five coming in the second half! For the majority of the first half, there was little between the sides but once Town got their noses in front, the floodgates opened on a glorious, sultry summer's evening. The victory sees Town steadily climb up the table into eighth position with a top of the table clash against Easington Colliery on Saturday to look forward too.


As predicted, Barry Oliver made several changes to the side that defeated Willington. Robbie Stockburn returned in goal and Ashley Lavan was handed his debut. Lee Jones pulled up in the preliminaries and had to be replaced with Jamie Davis. Bishop Auckland loanee, Lee Moore was a late addition to the squad.


There was no real action of note in the opening twenty minutes as both sides cancelled each other out. Town were trying to attack but Brandon had set their stall out, getting numbers behind the ball. Jack Connor drove over from twenty yards and at the other end, Daniel Pearson shot from a similar distance but his effort was always drifting wide. Town should have taken the lead on twenty five minutes. Good work on the right between Chris Dickinson and Dan Rowbotham set up Craig Hutchinson with an unmarked header but the ball glanced across the goal. Kyle Wren evaded several challenges but he was also off target, shooting wide. Luke Hogan was on the end of some robust challenges and Anthony Phillipson went into the referees notebook for one foul too many. With a quarter of an hour to go before half time, neither keeper had been seriously tested but the long surface was hardly conducive to passing football.


Andrew Clarkson, who scored all four of Brandon's goals at Alnwick at weekend was largely anonymous up to this point but did get a strike away on the edge of the box; Stockburn making a comfortable save. As injury time came to a close, Town took the lead. Dickinson's corner dropped to Hutchinson who then controlled the ball, shifted to his left foot, crossed to STEPHEN OAKLEY and his outstretched leg guided the ball home.


HT Brandon United 0 Billingham Town 1


The goal had put Brandon on the back foot and Town started to open up the opposition. Jamie Davis had a strike saved which was quickly followed by a Lavan effort that went wide from eighteen yards. It was all Town pressure and the second goal came on fifty nine minutes. Lavan layed the ball out wide for Hogan who went past Phillipson with ease and found DICKINSON lurking in the middle. The forward took one touch and drilled home from six yards. Dickinson was again influential for the third goal from yet another dead ball situation; OAKLEY rose highest to head into the bottom corner from the forwards free kick. With the game effectively won, Dickinson and Rowbotham were rested and replaced by Danny Lambert and Moore plus soon after, Stuart Bath came on for Harry Taylor. Town went further ahead on eighty two minutes. LAMBERT tapped in after more good work from Lavan and HUTCHINSON made it five with a poachers goal. LAMBERT wrapped up the game with a drive straight down the middle to complete an emphatic second half performance. Easington won't be as accommodating on Saturday, but all the same, Town go into the game invigorated after two wins and two clean sheets!!


FT Brandon United 0 Billingham Town 6


Graham Hutchinson

Press Officer