Callium Liddicott .1

Matthew Hughes .2

(C) David Harrison .3

Jake Charlton .4

John Jacob Wood .5

Joseph Peel .6

Sean Bending .7

Andrew Londsale .8

Daniel Pigg .9

.Christopher Tarn .10

Christian Holliday .11


Jamie Kilcran .12

Samuel Nugent .13

Fadi Abdullatif .14

James Dowson .15

Liam Jarvie .16




Chris Dickinson (17)

Jack Connor (87)




1. Thomas Dawson

2. Gary Redman

3. Mark Dixon

4. Jack Connor

5. Stephen Oakley (C)

6. Jack Turbull

7. Jamie Davis

8 Chris Dickinson

9. Craig Hutchinson

10. Ashley Lavan

11. Lee Jones


12. Harry Taylor

14. Clayton McDonal

15. Daniel Lambert

16. Luke Hogan

17. Lewis Green

Match Report


In my preview, I insinuated that the game promised goals and end to end action. How wrong I was!! Town were workmanlike against a spirited if limited RA side. Darlington RA came into the game on the back of several thrashings, but here they were industrious and organised. Town should have put the game to bed before half time but a combination of good goalkeeping and poor finishing meant Billingham held onto a precarious one goal advantage until Jack Connor put an end to Town fans nerves with a second just before full time. Although Town have won their last three home games, today was our first home league victory of the season at Bedford Terrace. The one pleasing aspect of today's game was the performance of Jack Turnbull, on loan from Hartlepool United. The centre half made his debut and he was up against prolific marksmen in Daniel Pigg and Christopher Tarn. Neither striker had a sniff at goal and credit is due to Town's back four and Thomas Dawson who appears to be a quality signing between the sticks!! The victory see's Town climb up to tenth place, only three points behind sixth position; a target of Barry Oliver's before the season started.


Town management made five changes to the side that defeated Boldon CA in midweek. The spine of the side was reinforced with the return of Stephen Oakley, Jack Connor and Chris Dickinson. The bench had a strong look to it with Clayton MacDonald, Luke Hogan, Daniel Lambert, Harry Taylor and Lewis Green all in reserve. Matty Hawkins played in the reserves 2.1 home defeat to BEADS FC and Elliott Beddow was away.


The opening exchanges were relatively quiet but the game burst to life on eight minutes. Craig Hutchinson cut inside from the left and John Wood was caught on the wrong side and bundled the mercurial striker to the ground. Hutchinson's spot kick was somewhat choreographed and Callum Liddicott dived to his left to make the save but Hutchinson had a second chance with the rebound, blazing over from six yards.


The early penalty miss didn't seem to unduly effect him though as an exquisite back heel set up Dickinson for the strike. Liddicott did well to push the ball behind and Oakley headed over from Dickinson's resulting corner. The RA back line were trying to play from the back but they had a lucky escape when Hutchinson robbed Liddicott on the edge of the box to tee up Ashley Lavan. The central midfielder who was playing as an unorthodox winger, lofted his shot high and wide. And it was no surprise when Town did take the lead on seventeen minutes. Patient possession football in midfield led to Gary Redman attacking on the right side and his precision cross was handed on a plate for DICKINSON to score with a powerful header.


In recent weeks, Dickinson has been the form player and one move resulted in Joseph Peel and Sean Bending on their backsides, much to the amusement of the home support!! On thirty two minutes, Hutchinson showed good technique on the edge of the box and only came inches away from extending Town's lead. It seems Redman's outing for the reserves last week has done him the world of good as he was seeing plenty of the ball. Another good cross dropped for Hutchinson but he couldn't get power behind his header.


It took the away side forty minutes to have their first strike on target. Daniel Pigg turned on the edge of the box to get his shot away and Dawson got down low to collect. Redman then went from one end of the pitch to the other and still had time to have a go with a low shot. Liddicott made the save but Jamie Davis somehow missed the target with the follow up.


HT Billingham Town 1 Darlington RA 0


RA made two substitutions at half time and the changes did prevent Town from creating opportunities. Infact, the away side started to show a modicum of attacking threat. Liam Jarvie should have done better from David Harrison's lay off and Christian Holliday evaded the offside trap but lofted his shot over the crossbar. As long as Town had a slender lead, RA were always in the game.


Billingham Town looked lethargic from the restart; Barry Oliver had seen enough and brought on Hogan to inject some pace and MacDonald for his agility. Hogan wasted no time, setting up Davis inside the box but the omnipotent midfielder flashed high and wide. Town finally saw off a stubborn Darlington outfit with a killer second goal. CONNOR who has been clocking the miles of late, drilled home from eighteen yards but he needed assistance from Liddicott's inside right hand post. Town are back on the road in midweek where we travel to Heaton Stannington for an expected tough encounter.


FT Billingham Town 2 Darlington RA 0


Graham Hutchinson

Press Officer