(12) Andrew Jennings


(58) Matthew Waters

Connor Dunlavey (11)


Chris Dickinson (13)

1. Tom Dawson

2. Lee Moore

3. Mark Dixon (C)

4. Clayton McDonald

5. Daniel Rowbotham

6. Matthew Crossen

7. Aaron Foley

8. Chris Dickinson

9. Craig Hutchinson

10. Gary Redman

11. Connor Dunlavey


12. Jamie Davis

14. Elliott Beddow

15. Scott Close

16. Carl O'Sullivan

17. Carl Morris

Daniel Mullen .1

Reece Noble .2

Gary Shaw .3

Andrew Jennings .4

Paul Weldon .5

Jake Fowler .6

Jordan Jewson .7

(C) Marc Costello .8

Callum Hassan .9

Matthew Waters .10

George McCain .11


Scott Brassell .12

Adam Cocks .14

Jonathan Wightman .15

Charley Raby .16

Dale Connor .17

Match Report

Town acquitted themselves with credit against Washington in the League Cup. With the scores level after ninety minutes, the tie was decided on penalty kicks and in sudden death, Lee Moore saw his kick saved leaving Adam Cocks the chance to send Washington into the next round.

Assistant Manager Graham Popple selected a much changed midfield, handing Connor Dunlavey his first start for the club. Aaron Foley was cup tied at the weekend while Clayton MacDonald served a one match ban. Gary Redman filled in on the right wing, a position he was accustomed to last season. Two of Paul Beddows reserves were added to the squad; centre half Scott Close and forward Carl O'Sullivan.


For the second game in a row, Town got off to a blistering start, taking the lead on six minutes. Hutchinson released the ball down the left channel and DUNLAVEY cut inside to rifle a shot past Daniel Mullen. The lead proved to be short lived as Washington equalised after twelve minutes. Reece Noble swung a low ball into the box which caused confusion and after the ball came back off the post, former Town striker Andrew Jennings reacted the quickest to tap home. Jennings started the game as a centre half and he can be pleased with his performance, coming up against the bang in form Craig Hutchinson. Two minutes later, Town regained the lead in yet another exciting cup tie at Bedford Terrace. Hutchinson had drifted to the left side and his far post cross fell to Redman who cleverly found DICKINSON inside the box to score his fourteenth goal of the season. The away side thought they were back on level terms on twenty seven minutes when Callum Hassan struck inside the box but the Assistant Referee adjudged that Matthew Waters had obstructed Thomas Dawson in goal. Washington continued to press forward in search of a goal before half time. Jennings headed over despite being left unmarked from a Jordan Jewson corner and George McCain saw his backwards header palmed over the crossbar by Dawson.


HT Billingham Town 2 Washington 1


Washington dominated the opening twenty five minutes of the second half as Town's midfield had a tendency to drop too deep. And the visitors were rewarded for their persistence when Waters raced away from the defence to rifle home the equaliser on fifty nine minutes. Town lifted their game inside the final twenty minutes, thanks mainly to the introduction of Jamie Davis who brought an injection of pace to the combative midfield. Davis was rather unfortunate to see his header come back off the crossbar from another superb Dickinson free kick. Redman saw his effort charged down by Mullen and then McDonald wasn't too far away from the target with a fierce strike from twenty yards. O'Sullivan replaced McDonald with the intention of taking a spot kick if required but he nearly had an assist to his name when his lay off gave Elliott Beddow a chance to chip the goalkeeper. However, last Saturday's man of the match decided to round Mullen but by the time he got his shot away from an acute angle, a covering defender cleared off the goaline.


FT Billingham Town 2 Washington 2


No extra time so the tie went to penalty kicks. Town were ahead 3.2 at one stage but Matty Crossen saw his spot kicked saved and after 4.4 it went to sudden death. At 6.6, Moore saw his penalty saved by Mullen leaving Cocks the opportunity to send Washington into the next round. Cocks calmly placed the ball past Dawson leaving Town with only two cup competitions left to play for. Next Wednesday, Billingham travel to Hebburn Town in The Earnest Armstrong Memorial Trophy and on December 3rd they travel to Scunthorpe to face Bottesford Town in The FA Vase.


Penalties Billingham Town 6-7 Washington


Graham Hutchinson

Press Officer