Town FC

Jamie Davis (3)

Craig Hutchinson (40)

Craig Hutchinson (45)

Craig Hutchinson (45+)

Connor Dunlavey (46)

Craig Hutchinson (50)





Stephen Robinson .1

Ryan Cummings .2

(C) Christopher Storey .3

James Seymour .4

Lewis Milner .5

Graham Stephenson .6

Decklan Moss .7

Adam Comby .8

Damian Ellis .9

Peter Brown .10

Reece Brown .11


William Preston .12

Darren Kokes .14

Anthony Lee .15



1. Alex Leeds

2. Gary Redman

3. Mark Dixon (C)

4. Matthew Osmond

5. Matthew Crossen

6. Daniel Rowbotham

7. Jamie Davis

8. Joshua Keogh

9. Craig Hutchinson

10. Luke Hogan

11. Connor Dunlavey


12. Ashley Lavan

14. Clayton McDonald

15. Elliott Beddow

16. Jack Connor

17. Chris Dickinson

Match Report

Billingham Town ended their recent goal drought in spectacular fashion by demolishing a demoralised Willington with some sublime football. Right from the off, Town had a spring in their step, spraying the ball with confidence from one side to the other, reminiscent of the kind of form witnessed from September up until Christmas. The game still had an element of controversy to it with referee Jamie Cann deeming this to be the kind of game that needed six yellow cards and two reds! Although there cannot be any argument over the sending offs, the number of yellows suggests this was a difficult game to manage but that was not the case. Town will be without Mattie Crossen and Jamie Davis for Easter Monday's derby against Synthonia and Elliott Beddow is also suspended for the Team Northumbria fixture. Despite these setbacks, and several players carrying injuries, it wouldn't be a surprise if Town now went on an unbeaten run. It was noticeable how much the confidence was back, especially with the younger players such as Connor Dunlavey, Luke Hogan and Ashley Lavan who impressed when he came on for the omnipresent Craig Hutchinson. The win and performance will have given manager Barry Oliver plenty to ponder on in terms of team selection for the trip up north to Alnwick Town this coming Saturday but for a change, it's a nice dilemma to have!!


Chris Dickinson was rested which meant Jamie Davis operated in a more attacking role, in behind Craig Hutchinson. Josh Keogh joined Matty Osmond in central midfield while Luke Hogan played out on the right wing and Connor Dunlavey on the left. Skipper, Stephen Oakley had work commitments so Danny Rowbotham made a welcome return along with Mattie Crossen. Goalkeeper, Alex Leeds had shown plenty of promise before an untimely thigh injury and despite not at full match fitness, he replaced Kieren Proctor. One of Town's famous traits at Bedford Terrace has been the ability to score an early goal and it only took two minutes for the home side to take the lead. Hutchinson had possession inside Willington's box but got crowded out by two defenders and when the ball fell kindly for DAVIS, the talented utility man drove his shot into the roof of the net. Billingham had previously shown positive starts against Heaton Stannington and Durham but the difference tonight was the quick movement, one touch football and excellent distribution to the wide men. Keogh and Osmond were fundamental in this approach, allowing Davis the freedom to exploit holes deep inside Willington territory and it was a problem that the county Durham club couldn't correct. The crucial second goal didn't arrive and against the run of play, Willington were awarded a penalty when Rowbotham handled while under pressure from giant sized Lewis Milner. Much has been said of late about our keeper woes, but a fit Leeds could be the panacea to Town's problems and when he dived right to keep out Graham Stephenson's spot kick, the crowd were in raptures. All of a sudden, Town imbued by a sense of moral justice, went goal crazy with HUTCHINSON bagging a hat-trick in a mere seven minute spell! His first came via the spot after Declan Moss barged him over and the second from excellent running play by Crossen. And into added time, Hogan supplied the low cross for Hutchinson to score with a simple tap in.


HT Billingham Town 4 Willington 0


Five minutes into the second half and notions of double figures sprang to mind. DUNLAVEY tucked home the fifth goal after Keogh's corner evaded everything except the ground and the crossbar, in that order and HUTCHINSON scored his fourth goal of the night, benefitting from further good work by Davis. Oliver must have been in a forgiving mood because three minutes later, Hutchinson who is now on the fifty six goal mark came off for a well earned rest! And despite suffering from a two game barren spell, Hutchinson has still managed six goals in four games!! Unsurprisingly, the rest of the half didn't produce the same kind of goal threat but the game still had plenty of incident. Crossen saw red for a professional foul on William Preston and although Town had two defenders in attendance on either side of Crossen, the Willington forward was denied of a goal scoring opportunity. And into injury time, Ellis needlessly lashed out at Leeds but Cann required the assistance of the far linesman before issuing his second red card in a thoroughly entertaining game!


FT Billingham Town 6 Willington 0


Graham Hutchinson

Press Officer